DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Roger Gathright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Gathright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:20:41 -0700
Why bother with the propaganda?   I didn't say it wasn't toxic.  I
said there are better means of handling the salvage materials.  It is
handled here by the company that hauls the trash and the land fill
which makes millions on the sale of the materials to salvage
companies.   The extraneous charges for "disposal" are used by the
government (state) to frighten people into thinking that technology
is bad and to make them feel guilty.

All nonsense!

There have been more children harmed by oleander poisoning than by
have been harmed by lead in our area.

Also BTW; Isaac Asimov was best known for his fiction. He could be
quoted on many subjects from his many fictional works.

We have a land fill less than nine miles from my house, and the water
from our community comes from three wells that are closer.  The water
is tested regularly, and they have never found even a measurable
trace of lead in the water.  So much for it leaching into the ground
water.  Just takes proper management.

Also.  Not a police function, no permits, no dog catcher, no knock on
the door.  All orderly and without fanfare.