DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:23:29 -0700
Darn... My teenager's shoes were 80 dollars... at the local skateboard shop.
I frequent Payless for myself though... I hate to pay more than 20 dollars
for a pair of shoes and I want them to last for at least a year... So where
is the great savings? My kid's shoes last 3 months... I bet the shoes I paid
80 for were made in China for less than 5 bucks a pair. Someone is getting
all the profits in there somewhere... My wife has about 15 pairs of shoes,
she spends more of our money on gardening, her passion.

Lou, your wife sounds like Amealda Marcos from the Philippines.  You girly
man.... :) Women do love shoes, I feel your pain. <Arnold cracks me up...>

So I would bet that most of us drive cars that are made in foreign
countries, eat food that is grown in foreign countries, watch TV on a set
made in a foreign country, talk on a cell phone made in a foreign country...
etc...

My wife believes as you do Lou, that we all should do with less, so that
there is a world for the grandkids to inherit. That is until we run out of
something she wants. I still remember the shortages we had when Jimmy Carter
was President, toilet paper was in short supply, and gasoline too.
People get very upset when they can't get the necessities of life, food,
clothing, shelter, fuel for the car and BBQ and beer for the weekends.
:)

Best regards,

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D., C.I.I.
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
http://pcbwizards.com