TECHNET Archives

August 2004

From:
Pete Lymn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:11:51 +0100
The same phenomenon occurs with horizontal HASL. Its normally only
associated with mask defined features or tight pad to mask clearances.  Re
designing the test point and/or mask aperture to provide a high energy point
to wet from should solve the problem.  We solved the equipment problem by
using high velocity solder jets to displace the flux, I am sure a chip wave
would work..