TECHNET Archives

August 2004

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:34:41 +0300
In ~1980, Charles Jennings of Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque,
researched dendrites and published a paper at the 2nd Printed Circuit
WorldVonvention in Munich in 1981. He also produced a film showing
dendrite growth, which was quite widely distributed. It is possible that
some of the younger members of this list have not seen this classic
document. You can now download a version of it at
http://www.bnellis.com/dendrites/ in the form of a 3 min 50 sec WMV file
(~625 kb). This can be played in Windows Media Player.

If there is sufficient demand, I could put it into other formats/sizes.

The quality may not be 100% perfect, as I believe the history of my copy
was something like 16 mm film > Super 8 film > VHS tape > DV AVI file >
WMV file!

Brian