TECHNET Archives

August 2004

From:
Cheryl Tulkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:36:31 -0500
Jason:

I have used preforms from both Alpha and Indium. You specify the flux that
you want added. Both companies have a number of standard shapes and sizes
available. Both will custom make shapes for you as well.

If you're willing to do without flux, you can get samples faster. The flux
is usually added on demand. Shelf life is about a year. Minimize handling
to avoid oxidation of the preforms. Be prepared to order large quantities.
One small container can hold 5,000-25,000 preforms.

Thanks,

Cheryl Tulkoff
Phone:(512) 683-8586
Fax: (512) 683-8847
National Instruments
11500 N. Mopac Expressway
Building A
Austin, TX 78759-3504

                      "Jason W.
                      Gregory"                 To:       [log in to unmask]
                      <Jason.Gregory@LA        cc:
                      BARGE.COM>               Subject:  [TN] Solder preforms
                      Sent by: TechNet

                      08/20/2004 09:16
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      TechNet E-Mail
                      Forum; Please
                      respond to
                      Jason.Gregory

Does anyone have any information on solder preforms? I am looking primarily
for through hole "donuts". Who are the major manufacturers? Do all the
major manufacturers offer this product?

Any vendors/distributors are welcome to contact me (offline, of course)

Jason Gregory
Manufacturing Engineer
LaBarge Inc. --- Houston
(281)207-1464