TECHNET Archives

August 2004

From:
Peter Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:50:00 +0100
Digital scales should do the trick. Just weigh the PCB unfluxed then flux it
and re-weigh it, subtract the original PCB weight and hey presto! Most flux
manufacturers recommend coverage in g/cm sq.

As for evenness of coverage I used to use thermal fax paper taped to an
unpopulated PCB. Unsophisticated, but effective (assuming you can still get
thermal fax paper).

There are more sophisticated (and expensive) tools out there but the
information returned is the same.

Regards,

Peter Barton

===== Original Message from [log in to unmask] (TechNet E-Mail Forum) at
18/08/04 14:26
>Can anyone recommend an accurate tool or method for measuring the amount
>of liquid flux applied by a spray fluxer for the wave solder process?
>
>Thanks!

>To temporarily halt or (re-start) delivery of Technet send e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET
Technet NOMAIL or (MAIL)
>To receive ONE mailing per day of all the posts: send e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet
Digest
>Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/contentpage.asp?Pageid=4.3.16 for additional

Peter Barton
Senior Process Eng