LEADFREE Archives

August 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Jolly Nick (Mr N)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:49:09 +0100
Dave

Not an expert here but I'm not sure that The Control of Lead at Work
Regulations 2002 (Statutory Instrument 2002 No. 2676) does specifically
excludes soldering.

It does require an assessment of the risk to health created by work
involving lead and  many of the measures required by the regs may not apply
to soldering as it doesn't generate a hazardous atmospheric concentration,
but that doesn't mean the regs don't apply.

There may also be a general acceptance by the Heath & Safety Executive that
soldering doesn't give rise to a problem.

Regards

Nick Jolly