TECHNET Archives

July 2004

From:
Rick Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:54:15 -0700
I'm having a philisophical discussion with my boss regarding long reflow soak times to improve soldering under BGA devices.  Is there anything to be gained by extending soak times at the 150C level from 60-90 seconds to 5-10 minutes? I've never seen times this extended and am wondering if they make sense in some situations?  The boards in question are not terribly difficult, .063" thick, 14 layer, 12x16 inches with maybe a couple thousand components on top.  Any comments on this practice?

Thanks in advance,

Rick Thompson

they are addressed.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the

originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this

e-mail message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of SMTEK International Inc.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed

by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with

CA e-trust anti-virus detection software.