TECHNET Archives

July 2004

From:
Brummer Chuck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:31:08 -0700
Are you plating outter layers or print and etch?  If you are plating thicker
than 1.2 or 1.3 mils you probably need the 2.0 mil resist.  This will of
course slow your printing, developing, stripping as well as add to your
resist treatment process.  If you are print and etch and you are doing small
lines and spaces you probably want to go the other way.  Even when we plate
we do not go to thickness that requires more than 1.5 mil.  I have in the
past even used multible layers of resist for those extra high platings.

chuck brummer
Siemens Medical