TECHNET Archives

July 2004

From:
Dave Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:56:25 -0500
Welcome to Summer and solder ball season. We did a range of fixes for Mid
Chip Balls. We have picked manually, washed in ultrasonic cleaner, aqueous
washer and also followed the " a process indicator is just that" rule. Work
on it to try and get it better and definitely make sure it gets no worse.
Our best solution was to work on our stencil aperture designs. We have not
scrapped any assemblies and we build to Class 2. Oh yeah "Hurry up October"
was our slogan, couldn't wait for the heat and humidity to go away because
so did most of our mid chip solder balls.
Dave Chapman
CSI