TECHNET Archives

July 2004

From:
Rick Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:56:37 -0700
Our experience with 4 My15 systems is similar to what others have noted. It's a good system for catching a wrong reel installed, but very accurate measurements, especially with small value capacitors is not practical. In addition to the previously noted test methodology of only testing the first few parts on a reel, our experience has been that tolerance stackups between the jaws, cables, and component do not allow testing a 1% part at 1%.

Rick Thompson
Sr. SMT Process Engineer
SMTEK International
200 Science Drive