TECHNET Archives

July 2004

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:32:16 -0400
There are a couple of ways. In the back of the IPC-A-610 there is a standard
improvement form. You can FAX it to the IPC. You can also contact Jack
Crawford ( [log in to unmask] ) with your proposed change and rational. It
is very helpful if you identify the clause you want changed, propose a new
requirement, and explain why you think the change is an improvement.

I see your point. I guess you might get parts with insufficient bend,
causing a gap underneath the component lead. Solder results would be poor
because of insufficient solder volume. I don't know how the committee would
reach on consensus for that case. I think they would lean toward rejecting
the components.