TECHNET Archives

July 2004

From:
"Juan T. Marugán" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:29:21 -0500
We are reviewing our documentation in order to avoid lacks or
misunderstandings in the requirements written in our drawings.

At present we define:

a)The type of soldermask: LPI iaw IPC-SM-840, Class H,

b)Thickness: 25µm minimum

c)Conductor finish: ENIG

Apart from these requirements, we would like to know if other kind of
properties, like color (green, black...) and surface finish (gloss, semi-
gloss or mate) should be defined in the drawings.

Can somebody give me some information about the influence of both
parameters -color and surface finish- in the quality of the assembled
board? That is, when or in which type of applications is important to
specify these parameters?

We have also another question. Sometime we have had adhesion problems. To
check it, we performed a tape test. Is there another test to verify the
quality of the soldermask during incoming inspection?

Thank you for your comments and best regards from Spain,

Juan T. Marugán López
Production Quality
Defense Electronic Equipment
www.indra.es