TECHNET Archives

July 2004

From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:32:08 EDT

MEETING OF THE SOUTHERN NEW  ENGLAND  CHAPTER
OF THE IPC DESIGNERS  COUNCIL
Date: Tuesday, the 3th of August, 2004
Where: Connies  in Derby
Time:  Networking 6:00pm
Topic: Part 3- Lead Free Electronic  Manufacturing and Design
This month we conclude our  Lead Free series with an overview
summary presented by  Vitronics Soltec. The wrap-up session will summarize
the lead free issues in Asia, Europe  and North  America. Also discussed will

be process, joint,  technical and pricing considerations. Lastly we will
discuss
the impact on the supply  chain as well as the timing associated with lead
free conversion.
The series is intended for  all segments of product development addressing
the needs of designers,  assemblers and fabricators.
Speaker: Denis  Barbini, Ph.D. Manager Advanced Technologies, Vitronics
Soltec. Dr. Barbini is  assigned to the Surface Mount Laboratory in Binghamton, NY.
And actively participates on a number of NEMI Lead  Free committees.
Host: Vitronics  Soltec, NH is our host for this meeting. Vitronics Soltec
may be  remembered as Zeva or by it’s current name, and is one of the top two
suppliers  of soldering systems in the world. More importantly, the company
strives to be  the leader in soldering technology. They are active participants in
efforts to  seek reliable lead free solutions.
Connies  requires that we provide a correct number of attendees in advance.
So, confirm  your attendance. Contact Vin Stabile (President SNEC) by end of
business day Monday 6/2/04 or confirm by e-mail at  [log in to unmask]
Directions  to Connie’s Restaurant:
Take  Route 84 to Route 8 South.
Take  Route 8 to Route 34, towards Derby  (left off exit).
Make a right turn at the  SECOND traffic light.
Connies is one block, on  the right.