TECHNET Archives

July 2004

From:
Jeffrey Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:41:04 -0400
A good measure is to be operating at least +/- 3 sigma - this would
translate into a PPM rate of 2700.  The issues here is to make sure all
opportunities are included so you avoid inflating the PPM rate
inaccurately.  We see many companies now looking into 1500 and 1000 or
less PPM.  I would also segregate admin issues from process issues - the
2.5% that Randy mentions is a good maximum fresh lot measure (any lot
rejected for any reason is 1 failure - posted against how many lots
delivered).

Hope this helps you out.

Jeffrey Bush
Director, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

                          76 Technology Drive - POB 1890
                             Brattleboro, Vermont 05302-1890
                                Tel. 802.257.4571.21 Fax. 802.257.0011
                              http://www.vtcircuits.com