TECHNET Archives

July 2004

From:
Dave Simonik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:41:33 -0400
Doug;

  I've looked around the net', but could not find any such items.  I do have
a few options for you though.

  I use to photograph weddings as a side business, and I converted my flash
units with Quantum accessories. Using a Quantum battery pack with two
outputs and the adapters they make for my two flash units, I could shoot all
day long with that setup. This way, I didn't have to change batteries when
their was something to photograph, nor carry around several dozen AA
batteries all day. The quantum batteries are lead acid rechargeable, and the
custom adapters are made for most flash units. All I had to do was make a
plastic door to hold the battery compartment inserts into my flash units
with a slot for the wires. (I didn't want to ruin the original battery
doors.) I slung the Quantum battery over my shoulder on a strap. They now
make portable power systems for laptops, cell phones and pda's, using a
Quantum battery and 12V adapter. They may be able to engineer you a
solution. Check out their web page:
http://www.quantumqpaq.com/home/new_prods.html

  As another alternative, you may be able to just purchase an adjustable
voltage power supply, as I alluded to in my previous post, and make your own
'fake' batteries. Here is a web site I found which shows how it's done. I
believe you can also order these.
http://www.aljacobs.com/universal_battery_packs.htm

  Good luck.

Dave Simonik