LEADFREE Archives

July 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Gupta, Munish" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gupta, Munish
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:19:42 +0530
14  july  04

hello  again,

Any  other  mitigation  strategy  considerd  by  component  manufacturers .....

Pls  share.

My  understanding  is  :

  1.. HOT  DIP  inhibits  whisker  growth , no  need  for  whisker  test  . . should  be  applicable  for  big  packages  like TO220 , TO126 (sorry SOT32), TO 92  and  not  for  Surface  mount  packages i.e SOT223 , SOT23 etc
  2.. Whisker  suppression  to  be  done  for  MATTE  TIN  plating  on  the  leads.
Pls  correct  me  if  i  am  faltering  in  my  understanding

thanks  again

kind  regards
munish