DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Lum Wee Mei <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:08:26 +0800
Hello,

I stongly support the nomimation by Bill. I come from the east side of
the earth and has gained tremendous knowledge had it not for those who
contributed in the PCD.

1. Pete Wadell - whom I owe much for ensuring I have a copy of the PCD
magazine after we met in 1997 at the first PCB East in Singapore. At
that time, PCD magaizne is exclusively only within U.S. It is very
difficult to secure a copy which I come to rely on dearly. When I
approached him on this matter, he ensure I have the subscription. To
date, I still enjoy every article though he no longer is the Eidtor in
Chief.

BTW : Pete, how I miss your shiny bald head.

2. Rick Hartley - He is another guy who is so patient and unselfish in
sharing his experience and knowledge to me, a novice in high-speed -
this technology/technique that is still in its "infant" stage in my part
of the world.

3. Mary Sugden - her simple to understand methodology is a breeze to
first time designer. They also help the  management who know nothing
about design to appreciate the level of difficults and constraints or
complexity that a layout designer encounter in their course of work.

4. Eric Bogatin - another master that I follow closely for my EMC issues.

The above few are some of whom I owe my knowledge and experience to .

Regards,
Wee Mei