TECHNET Archives

June 2004

From:
Bruce D Stilmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:35:08 -0400
Nuts we is here in the land of sun and fun (Florida for those of you that
don't know)  It's a 16 pin pak and we add 8 jumpers, most from one side to
the other.  If you'd like to see a picture of this work of art, I'd be glad
to share.

Bruce Stilmack
GDLS-TO Manufacturing Engineer
(850) 574-4773

                    "Kasprzak,
                    Bill (sys)           To:     [log in to unmask]
                    USX"                 cc:
                    <bkasprzak@MOO       Subject:     Re: [TN] Dead Bugs
                    G.COM>
                    Sent by:
                    TechNet

                    06/19/2004
                    08:17 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "TechNet
                    E-Mail
                    Forum.";
                    Please respond
                    to "Kasprzak,
                    Bill (sys)
                    USX"

Bruce,

I'm very familiar with the various reasons why your board was never
upgraded. (In the military business, it's typically, ".... because we
qualified the system with the 'dead bug'.")

I'll still contend that a board redesign and a delta qual would still be
cheaper than installing the 'dead bug' 800 times and counting.

Tell me you're not attaching wires to the resistor pak. This is nuts.

'Dead Bugs' should only be intended for development, prototypes and small
production orders (<50 pcs).

Bill Kasprzak
Moog Inc., Systems Group, Process Engineer