TECHNET Archives

June 2004

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:40:28 +0300
As far as I'm aware, most Japanese consumer goods nowadays use
"no-clean" processes, although there may be exceptions. The last time I
was in Japan was 11 years ago, I think. I saw the most monstrous HCS
cleaning line at NEC, although I know this was abandoned shortly
thereafter. I also know that Epson-Seiko were planning a centralised
saponification system and I saw a couple of W/S lines. None of these
used or planned to use U/S. Where I did see aqueous U/S used was in a
ball-bearing factory.

Brian