TECHNET Archives

June 2004

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:05:14 +0100
Cleaning Pb free (including water soluble) is harder overall per Bixenmans
and Owens (Kyzen/ Electrovert) Apex 2004 paper "Lead free soldering: DOE
study to study its effects on Electronic Assembly Defluxing".
They concluded for the [then] water soluble Pb-free materials tested a small
amount of something needed to be added to water for total effectiveness.

Regards

Mike