TECHNET Archives

June 2004

From:
John Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:09:09 -0700
Brian and others,

Problems associated with too high a water pressure make perfect sense.  What about cleaning no-lead with water only?  Some equipment advertises higher pressure and higher temperature to counter the effects of the higher reflow temperatures.  Is this a necessity? Does your basic rule of ~2 kW of pump for every meter of wash bar apply for lead free?  Can lead free pcb's be cleaned effectively with water in lower pressure machines of good design or are we being naïve to even think we can effectively clean them with water only?  Too many questions?

Regards,
John