TECHNET Archives

June 2004

From:
Leo Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:48:48 -0700
It is important to know the warpage/camber/coplanarity in the BGA attach
site on reflow cool down as you pass through the freeze point of the solder.
If the PCB stack up is poorly balanced, or a heavy Cu plane terminates
half-way under a BGA attach site, or board lamination conditions (pressure,
typically) across a large BGA site is not uniform, a BGA site may be
coplanar at room temp and be badly warped at the freeze point.

Leo

Leo M. Higgins III, Ph.D.
Director of Applications Engineering / ASAT Inc.
3755 Capital of Texas Hwy-So
Suite 100
Austin, TX     USA     78726
tel: 512-383-4593