LEADFREE Archives

June 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:20:25 -0700
It is a sad reflection when we see the term "only the courts can decide",
and I understand it isn't you Nick so do not take this personally.

Would it not be possible to frame these "laws" in a SMARTER fashion,
unambiguous, concise etc. So for instance the ban on Cadmium would be
phrased as for instance "Cadmium and it's compounds except for the purposes
of plating on electrical contacts".?

Do we really have to look forward to a plethora of law suits, or is this
legislation designed to turn the European lawmaking machine into a self
perpetuating profit center??

John