LEADFREE Archives

June 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Kay Nimmo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:10:43 +0100
I'm sorry but not really - there just seems to be a general
understanding of this quoted paragraph meaning that batteries are dealt
with under that Directive rather than RoHS or ELV.

' This directive should apply without prejudice to Community Legislation
on
safety and health management Legislation, in particular Council
Directive
91/157/EEC of 18 March 1991 on batteries and accumulators containing
certain
dangerous substances'.

It is just an opinion. If you want official legal advice you should of
course pay the relevant experts.....!
best wishes
Kay