TECHNET Archives

May 2004

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 10:48:42 +0300
Anything from 5 minutes to an hour with a 2-5% solution. It is not
critical. Because it chelates the metal carboxylates, the solution does
become hazardous waste when it is exhausted, though. Most flux
manufacturers make them. My favourite, in the past, was the Lonco
Neutralizer 2051-B3 but I suspect that this fell by the wayside when
Alpha bought out Lonco. However, most major flux manufacturers make
something of the sort. I think the one you see in the video I referred
to was an Alpha Rinse Aid. These are all buffered alkaline solutions
with a pH (working) of 8.5-9, some diNaEDTA but they do not contain
hydroxides or amines. They mostly contain an indicator dye which colours
them blue, turning to colourless when the pH falls.

Brian