TECHNET Archives

May 2004

From:
Jason Cross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 13:47:19 -0400
Hello,
I am looking for any good references for an overview of PWB manufacturing
defects.  I am looking for typical defects & causes relating to
various/typical PWB manufacturing process steps.  i.e. What are the typical
process defects per PWB fabrication assembly step?

I am aware of IPC-600F regarding target, acceptable and nonconforming
conditions that are either internally or externally observable on PWBs.  I
am looking for more technically focused information references around the
cause of process defects.

This is a first step towards looking at defining a more thorough and
detailed PWB vendor qualifications process.

Thanks - Any help would be great!
Jason.

Jason Cross
Technical Services Group
Mark IV Industries
 905-624-3020
[log in to unmask];;NOTE: This e-mail is intended only for the named
recipient(s) above and may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s),
please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or call 905-624-3020 and
delete this e-mail message.