TECHNET Archives

May 2004

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 09:35:09 -0700
Just as a follow up... I worked on it over the weekend a bit... I
transferred the majority of the data from the other site over to a new
location and used a little nicer template for creating the website. It of
course will grow and change over time...

I'm planning on developing some "HOW TO" wizards to step through a design or
manufacturing process for someone who wants to know 'how to do it'... It
should be a good teaching aid. The web is a nice forum for setting someone
up with a step by step process that can illustrate 'a way' of doing
something, even though we know there are many ways to do things.

I named the web site "PCB WIZARDS" and it should inspire some talented
graphics designer to come up with a 'look and feel' for the pages... so far
I'm just using a template that I have used before and it works pretty well
even though it's not flashy... (anyone want to volunteer?)

The link to it is at http://pcbwizards.com

I may sell some books or products from the web site later. I would have to
pay for some sort of a secure setup that would allow credit card
transactions... That's a little beyond my experience as a web designer at
the moment, I will have to read up on that, it may take me a little time to
get it set up. I hope the website comes in handy for anyone that wants to
use it in the mean time. Send me your ideas for how to improve it, what
content you think should be there, etc... suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers!

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D., C.I.I.
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510