TECHNET Archives

May 2004

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 15:45:37 +0300
Nope! As far as I remember, A.P. Hanson stamped rolled copper sheeting
to provide circuitry, sometime roughly 100 years ago. It wasn't EDCF.
I'll give you a clue; the first PCBs, as we know them today, were made
with rolled copper foil. EDCF was introduced when rolled copper foil was
washed off the substrate by wave soldering. It was initially made as a
by-product of another industrial process.

Brian