TECHNET Archives

May 2004

From:
"Ingemar Hernefjord (KC/EMW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2004 16:33:18 +0200
Have exactly same experience! Ray's pictures seem to picked from my own technical report years ago! Funny..
If the ceramic surface is impure + flux residues + little humidity + more than 5VDC..then these XMas trees will sometimes grow. Silver most commonly seen. We video recorded the thing...growth from one end to the other of the cap took less than one minute!
The cap manufacturer adjusted the improper end metallisation, we adjusted the flux, and the phenomenon is never seen any more.
Ingemar Hernefjord
Ericsson Microwave Systems

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.
E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.