LEADFREE Archives

May 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 16:40:10 -0500
Hi Keith, and IPC LF Listservers,

I am only replying on one item of your note, not the entire note.

In the USA, Drinking Water is tested for many contaminants and piles of
other stuff. Citizens in many communities receive annual reports. When Lead
is below 15 ug /l (micrograms/litre) at the 90 percentile of the worst
homes (Old 50/50 solder days) then the municipality is free and clear from
any corrective actions.

So your statement at least for here in the USA that any lead is dangerous
is not quite true.  Water standards are pretty good here so I would imagine
that you would find similar standards in Japan that allow for some Lead.

YiEngr, MA/NY DDave