LEADFREE Archives

May 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 18:26:01 -0400
I have never found NIST, to be anything but helpful. When asked, NIST
made us aware of reliability data. I do not think it is appropriate to
criticize the data that is provided as it is reliability data. If
someone offered me access to their experimental work, to make my life
easier, I would say thank you (even if it was not exactly what I was
looking for).

Further I think, the tacit criticism of NIST is uncalled for in this
forum. If one were to ask why there was a charge, possibly in a letter
to the director, and then share the response with the group, that might
be helpful. If one were to solicit a petition for free access to useful
data, that might also be appropriate. But, there is no reason to slam
any one, using this listserv. I see it as a way to exchange information
in a positive environment.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Mark A. Palmer Ph.D. P.E.
Assistant Professor of Manufacturing Engineering