TECHNET Archives

April 2004

From:
Charles Caswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 09:39:31 -0500
Nickel plated wire should not be used for solder cups. Period. For the very
reason you describe. Period. This is just my opinion of course. Nickel wire
is fine for crimped connections but (check the archives) Nickel does not work
well for soldering. The fluxes and cleaning methods for nickel are not very
compatible with stranded wire. I know of no method which will prevent liquids
from wicking under the insulation where it cannot be removed.