TECHNET Archives

April 2004

From:
Frank Kimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:47:36 -0700
Tom,
7628 prepreg is relatively dry as far as resin content (less than 50%)
To properly fill between traces you will need higher resin content materials.
What should be used depends on copper thickness, technology, process, etc.
I would suggest as a starting point you probably could use 1080 prepregs to do the copper side bonding (min 2 sheets req'd)
But until you have developed a solid knowledge of material stackups, I would suggest you ask this question of your favorite Fabricator.
If you what to discuss, feel free to call or send me your number off-line.
Hope it helps,
FNK

Frank N Kimmey CID+
Principle PCB Designer