TECHNET Archives

April 2004

From:
"Jason W. Gregory" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:17:09 -0500
Thanks Steve,

I'm afraid of only one thing on this earth ---multi-legged insects. You've
effectively: upset my stomach, gave me a headache, and made me see small
black spots....all by merely posting that picture.

I'm going home now.

Jason Gregory
Mfg. Engr.
LaBarge - Houston

                      Steve Gregory
                      <[log in to unmask]        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by: TechNet         Subject:  [TN] NTC Friday post on Thursday...

                      04/08/2004 01:08
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "TechNet E-Mail
                      Forum."; Please
                      respond to
                      SteveZeva

I know this is Thursday, but my company is giving us the day off tomorrow
for
Good Friday. So I have to do my Friday NTC post today.

I was sent this picture that shows another thing that our troops have to
endure in Iraq. This picture is not for the squeamish. Go to:

http://www.stevezeva.homestead.com and look at "Camel Spiders"

They are nocturnal, and have been known to crawl into soldiers tents and/or
sleeping bags at night. Although not poisonous, they can give a rather
painful
bite. I know these exist, because I remember being told when I was in the
Navy
and we were at Bandar Abbas Air Base In Iran, the Lockheed contractors that
were there told us to always shake our flight boots out before we put them
on
in the morning to make sure there were no Camel Spiders in them.

I can't imagine being in a sleeping bag with one!!

-Steve Gregory-