TECHNET Archives

April 2004

From:
"Croslin, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:12:24 -0400
Every so often a question arises about the value of time spent on TechNet.
I forwarded Steve's post to my lead PC designer asking her to check some
designs we'd recently done.  She discovered we'd specified the convex parts,
so she contacted the engineer at our subcontract manufacturer who then
admitted they'd had significant bridging problems on the last few builds
and, yes, the concave parts would have been better.  Ouch!  We even allow
them to review and comment our designs before releasing and bend over
backwards to correct things like this, but for some unknown reason, they
never notified us.  The worst is that the footprints (feetprints?) on the
board don't even change.  So, thanks to the exchange of information, we're
processing ECO's to easily correct a problem which would have continued had
it not been for this post.

Thanks to Steve and others who commented.

Bob Croslin
Nielsen Media Research