TECHNET Archives

April 2004

From:
Yehuda Weisz - Netvision <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:54:34 +0200
Hi Steve,
I don't know what happens overseas but here I get between one to five E-mails daily that have these kinds of suspicious attachments, all with names such us "Re: Your Document", "Re: Your password" and even something that claimed to be a Virus update. Only the childish text was too suspicious and so I deleted it. They all contain viruses (or one particular virus - I didn't check that far).

Many times the sender's E-mail address is something that might be familiar to you (and I also got messages with senders that resemble TechNet members).
All I can suggest you is to get a good Antivirus software and if something in the message doesn't look right - KILL IT.
If you're not sure - first shoot and then ask (i.e - kill the message and E-mail the sender, asking whether he really sent you something).

Good luck,
Yehuda

Yehuda Weisz
Tel: (972)-53-556897