TECHNET Archives

April 2004

From:
Bill Winterhalter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:53:16 +0000
Hi Joe,

I really applaud your direct response to the subject post.  If I may comment on the following portions of your statement:

"While realizing that there are years of convention and countless articles" etc., etc., and "it does the industry no good to perpetuate......" I eagerly anticipate further TechNet response but if history repeats itself, where do we go from here?  It will take more than your TechNet post to garner unnified support for change.

"It is time for those of us (in) the USA to come of age, join the world and convert.....", what odds do you offer that this will happen?

"While one can already hear the arguments of cost of conversion, I don't think anyone is keeping a running tally of the cost of the many errors and countless clarifications that surely are occurring hourly (and the likes of which we are witnessing here)."  Do you think you will get agreement on this?

"It's time for a change that is long overdue."  YES!!

"All that is required is will."  YES!!

Thanks again, Joe.

Best,
Roger Mouton