TECHNET Archives

April 2004

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:39:17 +0100
Joe,

Only to add to Doug's comments, I am aware that Bob Clarke at  Hughes
Missiles, Tucson, Az, generated a report in July 1993 that I understand was
used to qualify an OA process.

The flux was HF1189 an OA flux that is pure Organic Acid water soluble, as
distinct from a water washable flux that requires some saponification. The
solder paste was WS300 from OMG Industries that is now owned by AIM in
Canada.

I further understand that his work was used to create MIL-F-14256 that was
subsequently cancelled without replacement in June 1995. Although someone
out there in Techie-land will no doubt correct me.

I know that Hughes and many others employed the OA, closed-loop water
cleaning process and that Westek, now Trek Industries sold many systems.

I hope this helps

--
Regards Graham Naisbitt

Cell: 079 6858 2121
Office: +44 (0)1252 813706

Concoat Limited - Engineering Reliability in Electronics

NEW Additional Web address: www.conformalcoating.com

www.concoat.co.uk     www.concoatsystems.com