TECHNET Archives

April 2004

From:
"Morse, Carrie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:43:36 -0400
Wow,
Thanks to everyone for all the info.
I have a new update.  We tried 4 things based on a number of
recommendations:
1.  Applied flux and hit the area with an iron.  The discoloration went
away.  But, we have such a large area on so many boards there is no real
way to get this done in a timely fashion.  In addition, we scratched the
area up pretty well, so, either way, it looks bad.
2.  We tried to re-wave the board.  The discoloration got whiter/hazier
3.  Used Methyl Chloroform to test for permanency.  No mask was evident
on the swab which tells me the mask is cured.
4.  Lastly, we baked a board at 250F for 45 minutes -- no change.

So...Any ideas what it is or if it is detrimental?
Any suggestions?
It's Friday...If anyone can suggest the boards are OK and I can feel
comfortable to ship that would be fine by me.

-Carrie