TECHNET Archives

April 2004

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 05:04:46 -0800
        Lance is very correct. In order for the solder to go into a barrel there is a need for the air to escape up the barrel as it passes through the wave. One solution for cases like this is to preheat the board. The hot air in the barrel expands and there is less of it. Another one is to raise the wave to force the solder up into the barrel. It might create icicles. A second pass might be necessary to remove the icicles.
        Regards,
        Ramon