DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Craig Cullum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:22:47 -0500
Allow me to add the perspective of the other side.
As a LEGAL resident alien, I am not allowed to vote but I am most certainly
taxed on my income.
I think the phrase "taxation without representation" comes to mind.
Perhaps some compromises may work:
- allow legal immigrants to participate as election workers at the polls
(currently this is also a restriction
  and we all know after the 2000 "election" that things didn't go quite
right)
- allow legal immigrants to vote at the local level(s) only

More food for thought; thank all for your time.

Craig Cullum, Engineering Technologist, AMTELCO
e: [log in to unmask]
f: 608 838 8367
v: 608 838 4194, or 4197, x128

Visit AMTELCO at www.amtelco.com