DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Mitch S. Morey" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:38:54 -0700
Hi Stan,

How current is this path? I've done the PADS 3.x to Allegro translation in
the past, and it doesn't work all that well (you probably know this). I've
had Cadence do the convert also in the past (maybe they did the
PADS->Layout->Allegro thing, I don't know). Will this convert PADS 4.x or
5.x designs? Do you need to have a licence of Layout running for this to
work? I really, really like to get the .zip file from you to experiment
some designs through. I know a company here in San Diego (L-3) that could
really use a quick PADS-->Allegro conversion to justify going full
allegro.

If you feel it ok to send me the zip file, would you email it to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Many appreciations.  :)

Mitch Morey