DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
From:
George Patrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:10:12 -0700
A resident alien (legal or otherwise) is using resources (such as
educational, infrastructure, police and fire protection, and more) and
should be paying their share of the costs of providing these services just
like any other resident.

Giving resident aliens voting rights is analogous to a hotel guest demanding
their room be repainted in a color more to their liking.  The guest must
become an owner of the hotel, with responsibility for what happens to it,
before they can change anything.  Similarly, a resident alien should not
have the right to influence the operation of a governmental entity without
having some permanent stake in the results.  Citizens are the "owners" of
the country (the politicians often forget this), if a resident alien wishes
to make decisions about the country, they need to become citizens.

Take this to rather paranoid extremes and it could be possible for resident
aliens in some states to become the majority of voters and effectively annex
those states to their country of origin    <:^O

(OK , I'll take the aluminum foil hat off now)

--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.

It's my opinion, not Tektronix'