TECHNET Archives

March 2004

From:
"Crepeau, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:28:30 -0800
hi,

we hot bar soldered these connectors (b3) and used the tie bar to lift the leads onto the lrm pad patterns.  after soldering, we cut them off with 'tip' cutters.  our operators are outstanding and, to my knowledge, never damaged the solder joints.  our first approach was to leave the non-conductive tie bar on.  the first z-axis vibe test taught us that that was a bad idea.  we then used the tie bar to flex the tails up and down to break it off.  again, a real bad idea.  the cutters did the job for us.

phil