TECHNET Archives

March 2004

From:
John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:00:30 -0600
Hello Gregg,

At present IPC does not have a standard or guideline for bare board
packaging/preservation.  There have been, however, an increasing number
of requests within the industry for this.  Recognizing this, I am
starting to build a task group that will work to develop guidance on the
packaging and storage of bare boards for future inclusion in the
IPC-6012 performance specification.  I'll be mining various IPC
standards groups for volunteers towards this effort, but if you or
anyone else on TechNet is interested, let me know and I can add you to
the list.

Regards,

John Perry

Technical Project Manager