TECHNET Archives

March 2004

From:
Tony Steinke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:37:17 -0500
Steve,

Sounds /looks like your previous supplier did not use
a vacuum chamber to help remove air from the via holes. I have personally
evaluated the CB100 and
Emerson & Cumming Eccobond 56C which are both conductive silver via fills
and it is not an easy process. I eventually used a via fill from Lackwerke
Peters(non-conductive) since conductive fill was not required, which was
much more user friendly but still required a vacuum chamber to insure no
voids in vias.

Tony Steinke
AIT-Atlanta Inc.