TECHNET Archives

March 2004

From:
"Douglas O. Pauls" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:32:59 -0600
Doug would be able to do that on Mt. Dews? You're right about the mod not
being able to survive anything, but it doesn't have to. This assembly is
basically a proof of concept prototype.

**I am SOOOO misunderstood.  You have no idea of the things enabled by Diet
Dew.  My caution on your statement is that there is a lamentable
consistency of items that are "only on the board as proof of concept and
would NEVER go on production equipment" somehow becoming part of production
equipment.

This is why I advocate that once a year, the operators in production be
armed with small clubs and turned loose on the design engineers.  Kind of a
Darwinian "survival of the manufacturable".  Either that, or requiring our
design engineers build the first five units they design.

Doug Pauls
I have no idea why I am considered a loose cannon.......