TECHNET Archives

March 2004

From:
Peter Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:00:00 +0000
Could you please elaborate further on your statement "Given what's coming
out about voids now....." Is there new research showing better/worse
reliability for larger voids?

Looking forward to more information.

Pete Barton

===== Original Message from [log in to unmask] (TechNet E-Mail Forum.) at
11/03/04 19:03
>Joe
>
>I was on the AT&T group that did some VIP for BGAs. We produced what we
>called "lead balloons." Mostly just BIG single voids. (Bob's point about
>height is also well taken.)
>
>They were so dramatic looking we didn't reliability test them.
>
>Given what's coming out about voids now I wish we would have! I think it was
>a great (and lost) opportunity to look a extreme voids and telecom
>reliability.
>
>Greg

Technet NOMAIL or (MAIL)
>To receive ONE mailing per day of all the posts: send e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet
Digest
>Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/contentpage.asp?Pageid=4.3.16 for additional

Peter Barton
Senior Process Eng