TECHNET Archives

February 2004

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 06:17:32 -0800
        Barry:
        Get a sandblasting type of booth which is vented from the bottom..
Adjust the air vent so that the air velocity does not interfere with the
spray. Keep lights and any electrical connections outside the box so that no
sparks can ignite the Xylene gas..  The lighting has to be through glass
unless you have fire proof lights. They do exist.. Have a vent box near the
spray booth so that the coated boards can be placed for about 30 minutes
before that are placed in the oven. This allows the coating to level and
skin. Also if you place all the boards in the oven at the same time, Xylene
gas does not come out into the room as it happens when one board is put in
at a time..  If you have any question feel free to ask.
        Regards,
        Ramon